2016 Team Schedules
Player Check In & Field Conditions
- Shin guards are mandatory and must be completely covered by socks.
- Rubber cleats and sneakers are allowable footwear. Metal cleats are not allowed.
- Jewelry of any type (earrings, necklaces, rings, watches, etc.) may not be worn during a game. It is not acceptable to cover the jewelry with band aides or tape. It must be removed.
- Medic Alert wrist bracelets are not considered jewelry. They show information about a person’s medical condition, severe allergies, etc. in cases where the person cannot give the info themselves (unconscious, head injury, etc.) They must stay on the player, taped down on the wrist so as not to come loose. Do not call undue attention to the children who need to wear these.
- Mouth guards are NOT required but are allowed as long as the entire mouth guard is in the mouth. No handle or strap can protrude from the mouth.
- Hats may not be worn during a game with the exception of the goalkeeper.
- Parents, other spectators, blankets, strollers, etc. are to be situated on the opposite side of the field as the players and should be set back at least 10 feet from the sidelines for everyone’s safety.
- Absolutely no one is allowed on either goal line.
- Rough play, foul language, and all other forms of unsportsman like conduct are not allowed and should result in immediate removal from the game by the coach.
- Pets are not allowed on the Cole St. fields at any time. This is a town rule that SYS will enforce.
- If a player gets injured, a referee cannot touch, assist or move the player. Leave this to medical professionals and parents.
Referees must check that both goals are anchored down properly so they do not tip over. Alert a Board member if you have a concern about the stability of the goals.
Look over the field for any holes or other hazards and report them to a Board member at the field.
Please call or e-mail with any questions.
Jose Lopez, SYS Referee Coordinator email@example.com