Seekonk Soccer has finalized plans with the New England Revolution and Superliga to participate in Superliga's "Night at the Revs" this coming spring. This event is exclusively put on by the Revolution for Superliga affiliated organizations and their families. It takes place on Saturday, May 16th at Gillette where the Revs will play the Columbus Crew at 7PM.
A couple of high-level details we can share at this point:
- Every Black Goose Player currently registered for Spring 2020 will receive ONE free ticket to this game.
- Along with this, every team and their coaches will have the option to participate in a short match (@ 25 mins) on the Gillette field against another comparable Superliga team. These matches will be scheduled throughout the afternoon, leading up to the actual Revolution game. Family members who purchase tickets to the game will be able to watch these matches as well.
- Over the next few weeks, coaches will begin reaching out to their teams to gauge interest in participation. Coaches will not need complete teams to compete in a match. Some teams who are close in age may also consider combining if they cannot get enough players on their own.
- Teams must declare their interest in on-field game play by Friday, March 27th.
- If a team does not compete in the on-field matches, any interested players and families may still attend the match and sit together in the stands.
- Once coaches have established interest, they will be instructed to reach out to the Revs and reserve blocks of seats so their team can sit together. Tickets to this game will be purchased directly from the Revs. The tickets will range from $22-$40 depending on where teams choose to sit as a group. This will not affect the price of the player's ticket - their ticket is free regardless of where teams choose to sit.
- Parents who may have questions can either reach out to us, or to Nick Scaltreto ([email protected]) with the New England Revolution.
For now, you should consider this a “Save The Date” for the event on May 16th. If you cannot attend, you do not need to tell us. Your coach is your primary point of contact. As more information becomes available, we will circulate! We're very excited about this as an organization and we hope you will choose to be a part of what will truly be a memorable event for our kids.