Fall 2019 Registration is now open through August 1, 2019.
Click here to register now. Recreational soccer is available for all boys and girls in Grades K-6. Registration fees are $75 per player with family discounts and financial assistance available. No player is turned away for inability to pay. Players entering Grade 7 are welcome to register and will be waitlisted until appropriate numbers are reached or dropped if not.
The above links will bring you to our Adminsports website where you can register your child(ren) for our program. Please send our president an e-mail if you have any questions.
Where and when are the Fall Rec Program games played?
Games are played on Saturday mornings at the Cole Street Fields near Martin Elementary School. Our rec season runs from September through early November. Players are expected to attend at least one, one-hour practice per week along with their game. Coaches should be informed in advance in the event of an absence.
How many games does each team play?
Each team normally plays 8 games, unless there are cancellations due to inclement weather.
Where and when are Fall Rec practices?
Your child's coach will manage each practice session and will provide you the details on where and when your child's practices will be held.
What equipment do I need to provide for my child?
- Seekonk Youth Soccer uniforms are required for all players on all teams. Uniform sales will be held on field prior to the season's start for any families wishing to buy new uniforms or update outgrown or worn-out components of old uniforms. The price of a full kit is $40. This includes a $20 reversible jersey, $12 shorts and $8 socks.
- All players must wear shin guards on the field at all times for safety reasons.
- Soccer socks should be worn over the shin guards.
- All players are required to have a soccer ball at all times for practices and games. Required ball sizes vary by age: Size 3 for U-5 to U-8, Size 4 for U-9 to U12 and Size 5 for U-13 and up.
- Soccer cleats are recommended to ensure proper footing on the fields. Baseball and football cleats are not permitted for safety reasons.
- NO Jewelry is permitted except for medical reasons - all earrings, bracelets and necklaces must be removed prior to practice and game play.
- Please have your child bring water or a non-sugary sports drink. The fields can still be very hot to play on in the early part of the fall.
What is the SYS soccer uniform and how can I get one?
The SYS uniform consists of a blue/white reversible jersey, blue soccer shorts and blue soccer socks. Uniforms sales are held prior to the start of the season by board volunteers. Any parents wishing to purchase components of uniforms during the season due to damage or outgrown old sizes, can do so most Saturdays at the Cole Street Fields while general merchandise is being sold.
How do I volunteer to coach / assistant coach?
When you are registering your child there is a box you can check that says I would like to coach or assistant coach. We will contact you mid August to confirm you have volunteered and advise you of placement. Once your commitment is confirmed, a simple routine background check is coordinated with our CORI director and the Mass Youth Soccer Association.
Can I request that my child be placed on a specific team?
We receive many requests for placement on specific teams, but as our league has grown in size, it has become more difficult to manage with each new season. We try our best to accommodate most basic family requests, but we cannot guarantee approval in all cases - particularly those that impact other aspects of the program and/or are in violation of certain MYSA guidelines.
How are the teams built?
We work very hard to ensure fair match-ups among our teams in every division. Our most basic guideline is to make sure that each age group's team is comprised of a consistent mix of first and second year players, as well as competitive travel and recreational players (for U8 and above).
How can I help?
We're always looking for help! We currently have two vacant board positions we are looking to fill; ask an existing SYS board member for more details if you would like to volunteer. How else can you help? It makes a huge difference in our program when parents and coaches arrive to games on time and simply maintain a positive and encouraging environment during practices and games. Help us keep the fields tidy by making sure your child(ren) throw away any snacks and take their water bottles with them as they leave. On most Friday evenings, board volunteers are moving goals, setting up benches and re-painting field lines. We're always looking for an extra set of hands if you have the time!